Monday, December 11, 2006

Isnt it ironic..

For the first time in 10 months my manager has sent an appreciation mail to my testing head and group head, saying that i have worked late to finish the task without any probing.

Please dont start asking for a treat. It is nothing to be celebrated.

I have always been too eager to do extra work. Throughout. From documentation to trainings to working 14*7 to initiating new methods and ideas to modify the existing system. Nothing was worth the mention to them (These are tasks i did out of interest. I have not mentioned my usual work) I slogged. Slogged till all my energy was drained. They sucked the maximum out of me for I was the only one who never cribbed about work. At a point, i was frustrated. A new task was assigned to me. It was not necessary that i had to do it. I REFUSED - not directly, but i put it across clearly that i was not happy with the work that was assigned. The manager pacified me and talked me into doing it. After all, it was just another task. No big deal.

This task that i had refused to do - a worthless deed according to me, gets mentioned. Appreciation was sent to group heads and business unit heads :) wow!!

You probably think i should be happy. That I should think "AT LAST MY WORK GETS MENTIONED!!!"

God dammit NO. That is not what I am thinking.

If i had refused every other task, would they have got a mention tooo :?)

Isnt it Ironic?????

Funny :)

P.S: This incident was meant as a joke and nothing personal. But to be honest I cannot find a better manager to work for. She is a very balanced person - 'work while you work and play while you play' kinds. Without her, my life in my currently employed company would probably be hell. This is not to maska panni and all. Am typing this because i felt guilty to even make fun of such a nice person and her good intentions to mention my hard work to the higher authorities. And hence all this blah blahs. Thank you boss.

No comments: