Tuesday, December 12, 2006

get over it...

Please forgive me for talking of work, work and nothing but work. Guess I have all the symptoms of a workaholic. Even this blogger.com reminds me of my work. Want to know why?Let me explain.

I have been trying to modify the settings/templates etc of the blog using the beta version. Once I save the settings, it shows 'saved'. The preview buttons show the modified blog page (which is as expected) But the 'view blog' button keeps showing much older settings.

Immediately my thoughts were : "i wonder who the hell tested this stuff before release".
The next thing on my mind was: "i wonder how i can log a complaint/defect".

God, will i ever get over it??

P.S(added on dec 13th): Today i was not able to REPRODUCE THE ISSUE (typical terms of a testing personnel). It may have been a temporary server problem yesterday.

(For those who are not familiar with the norms of the IT industry - the developers create a product. The testers (such as I) have to verify if it works fine. If we find a bug/defect, we report. Mostly, excuses will be given by dev/tes people equally. There lies the fun part. To every dev person a tes would be a dumb head and to every tes guy, the dev would be a moron)

No comments: