Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Credit in the cards???

I used to be a very ignorant girl - learnt about banks only after i came to college - learnt about a debit card during my college days - learnt that a debit card can be used to swipe only when i started to work.

My mom was always scared to introduce me to credit cards. She feared i may get into huge debts. But one fine day i had to get a credit card out of necessity-had to pay for my gmat. I got a second card, thinking, if at all i cannot pay the entire amount, I would use the second card to pay the first. And then the third came in.

I have 3 cards and use only 1.(lazy to drop cheques in other ATM's - what a reason?) and i pay the entire amount before the due date, fearing interests.

The only purpose of a credit card to me is that i dont have to pay immediately. It gives a virtual relief momentarily- a feeling of having loads of money to spend!! Virtual Money?? Who am i fooling ???

Credit cards are meant for those who know the tricks of using it. Not for sincere people like me.

Better still to use a debit card because you cannot over spend that way. Also you dont have to physically go and drop a cheque. :) Better still - DONT SPEND!!!

1 comment:

ЅΗΑЅΗІ said...

talk to me abt credit cards... i have a debt of like $6500.... hehehe