Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Was Ilayaraja inspired by Jazz?


Have you ever sipped a cup of capacino in a full-fledged bar. Uhuh. Thats sounds just like me :)

Saturday Night. Java City (a bar near brigade road where they play live jazz music)

I saw some artisans and music lovers enjoy the live Jazz.

Most of the girls there were boozing and fagging.

I watched with silence. Observed everyone around me. And enjoyed my cup of coffee.

Stranger in the night. Beethoven. Jazz. Jazz.. and more Jazz.

The guitar and piano was so Ilayaraja's music. I wonder if his music was "inspired" by Jazz of the 70's.

Here is the interesting proof: www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Yi6ITZtHg
The first song is so much like Mouna Ragam Title track, dont you think?


Watch this space for more!!!

9 comments:

Mohan said...

is it so? I am a die hard fan of raaja.. Looking forward for more on this.... -Mohan(majesticmohan@gmail.com)

Suchintya said...

lady, did you mean jazz ??

Archana said...

absolutely suchi, and thnx for the corrections :) apologies.

Jaggu said...

Great. I die for his music. I may have heard each of his song more that 10000 times. He is a genious. Nice to see or blog about him. I think he is the only one music director in India whose music wont be bored anytime. What do you say?..and advanced welcome to my blog..

Jaggu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What quite good topic

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
New kamal on the block ;) said...

Howdy!

Well, Raaja sir's music will always have the basic norms of Jazz like call & response, poly-pulse rhythm texture with backbeats, bass run, syncopation, improvisation & et al.,

Would like to see more blog about His music & Jazz in your insight...!

Have a good one!