Thursday, January 18, 2007

Water tank!!

I had to go to an area called BTM water tank. One of a famous landmark in Bangalore.

There was no crowd in the bus this time. But the seats available were in the very end. I had to travel only for 3 stops and i decided to stand.

The conductor whistled and came to me.

Conductor(C): enga maa poganum?

me: water tank 1 ticket.

He took the change and gave me a ticket.

C: adhaan idam irukula. poi ukaarunga.

I looked at him and showed a face as if it was ok that i was standing. He continued to get money from the others who were seated. I was the only one standing in the bus.

He finished his collection and came back to me.

C: poi ukaarungama.. water tank'u.

He probably thought i did not know the language and was trying to tell me that it was a few stops away and that i could sit down till then. But incidentally he had just called me a "WATER TANK!!" I was happy my friends were not around. Else they would have used that for name to call me!! How embaraassing?

C: water tank'u. erangama..

!!!! -> this was the expression on my face. I got down and thanked the stars that i was alone that day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha!! as if nobody called you before as "WATER TANK"

Archana said...

Well, there was this one junko friend who told that to me. But i gave a damn to it then because he was a road roller himself. I suppose that you had to be that junko friend to have asked me the question.
If it had been anyone else i would have made sure they were sorry they were even born!!!